Stand-alone water quality unit available from ADS
Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc. (ADS), announced that the BayFilter System has been granted interim certification by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP).
The system, manufactured by BaySaver Technologies, Inc., meets the requirements for standalone storm water quality treatment (removal of 80% of total suspended solids), and was examined and verified by the New Jersey Corporation for Advanced Technology (NJCAT) in order to qualify for the certification. The unit is available from any of the ADS regional distribution centers in the U.S., Mexico, Latin America and Canada.
“We’re very pleased to see the BayFilter recognized by NJDEP,” said Kevin Miller, product manager for ADS, “because it adds another valuable tool that can help control costs while providing an excellent means of protecting the environment.”
The New Jersey storm water rule, 35 N.J.R. 154, states that manufactured storm water treatment devices may be used to meet the regulatory requirement, provided the pollutant removal rates are verified by NJCAT and certified by NJDEP.
“In 2008, the performance of the BayFilter System was confirmed by NJCAT,” Miller stated. “This latest approval permits the use of the BayFilter on New Jersey projects during the next two years. We’re sure that other states and communities will see this as another vote of confidence for the product and will also take advantage of its benefits as a best management practice (BMP) for their projects.”
More like this
- Stormwater Filtration System Maximizes Land Use for Urban Redevelopment
- Hydro Intl. Up-Flo Filter Verified by New Jersey Corporation for Advanced Technology
- Stormwater Management Receives Verification from the New Jersey Corp. for Advanced Technology
- BaySaver Stormwater System Now NJCAT Approved
- Gov. Corzine Presents American Water with New Jersey Governor’s Environmental Excellence Award