AWWA Webcast Explores Legal Aspects of Water Source Development
The American Water Works Association (AWWA) announced a new webcast that will highlight the legal issues surrounding water source development concerns. The webcast, “Strategies for Water Source Development - The Legal Aspects,” will be held Wednesday, Jan. 24, 2007.
The water supply community is facing increasingly difficult challenges in bringing supplemental water supplies on line for future needs, especially in light of population explosion in certain areas of North America. Because of a lack of new supplies, the quantity of existing water supplies must be protected. The webcast explores the legal issues water utilities face through case studies from both the eastern and western U.S.
Speakers include: Adam Gravley, partner and water law attorney at Buck & Gorden, LLP; William Falcone, retired staff director of Rhode Island Water Resources Board; and a staff member of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California.
For more information about the webcast and registration, go to www.awwa.org/education/webcasts/, e-mail email@example.com or call 1.800.926.7337.
More like this
- AWWA Webcast Helps Utilities Meet Future Water Demands Through Water Source Development
- AWWA Webcast to Discuss Endocrine Disruptors, Pharmeceuticals & Personal Care Products
- EPA, AMWA Offer Series of Interactive Webcasts on Source Water Protection
- Water Professionals to Examine Security Issues in Upcoming Webcast
- AWWA Webcast to Focus on Maintaining Ductile-Iron Pipelines