HAKS named Alberto Villaman, P.E., its new president. Villaman will oversee the...
The AWWA released a statement that the standard for Wire- and Strand-Wound, Circular, Prestressed Concrete Water Tanks ANSI/AWWA D110-04 has been revised.
This standard describes current recommended practice for the design, construction, inspection, and maintenance of wire- and strand-wound, circular, prestressed concrete water-containing structures with the following types of core walls:
Type I: cast-in-place concrete with vertical prestressed reinforcement
Type II: shotcrete with a steel diaphragm
Type III: precast concrete with a steel diaphragm
Type IV: cast-in-place concrete with a steel diaphragm
Major changes made to the standard in this edition include the following:
1. Definition of the term "designer."
2. Definition of purchasers engineering agent.
3. References to ACI 344 have been deleted and replaced with ACR 372R.
4. References to AASHTO T-260 test method have been deleted, and additional references to ASTM C882, D638, D698, D2240, and D2922 test methods have been added.
5. References to ASTM A185, A1008/1008M, C1218/1218M, and D1566 have been added.
6. Sections 2, 3, 4, and 5 have been extensively revised.
Current AWWA standards subscribers automatically receive revised standard and do not need to purchase them seperately. This standard may be purchased AWWA Standards at, www.awwa.org/bookstore, or at tel: 800.926.7337, Order no. 44110.