The American Water Works Association (AWWA) and the Asociación
Nacional de Empresas de Agua y Saneamiento de México, A.C. (ANEAS)—the National Association of Water and Sanitation of Mexico—have established that they will share expertise and resources through an Agreement of Collaboration.
ANEAS President Andrés Ruiz Morcillo and Director Roberto Olivares met with AWWA Vice President Luis Aguiar and Mexico Section Director Emilio Rangel
Woodyard Aug. 16 at the ANEAS Annual Conference and Exposition to sign the
agreement. Areas of collaboration will include:
• Examining existing programs and other resources for potential cooperative
efforts and exchange of comparative industry information.
• Developing cooperative arrangements for promoting each other's programs
• Maintaining regular communication between leaders of the associations and
developing avenues to promote dialogue among the associations' members with
• Looking for new programs to develop cooperatively and share expertise,
results and program benefits.
"ANEAS has developed significant programs for Mexican water utilities that
address and improve public health in Mexico," Aguiar said. "We are pleased
and excited to see our organizations' ties strengthened by the execution of
our Agreement of Collaboration."
More like this
- EPA Renews Memorandum of Understanding to Address Septic Systems
- Building a Sustainable America—One Community at a Time
- AWWA Launches Operator Series of Webcasts Sept. 9
- Desalination Symposium Will Focus on Technology and Economic Opportunities
- AWWA Webcast Will Explore Future Trends in Water Industry