Association of Water Technologies Elects New President
Scott Olson began term as president at annual convention in Texas
The Association of Water Technologies (AWT) has installed its new president, Scott W. Olson, CWT, of Lakeland Chemical Specialties, Inc., Menomonee Falls, Wis. Olson began his term as president at the AWT Annual Convention and Exposition, Nov. 5 to 8, in Austin, Texas.
Olson has risen up the ranks of AWT, serving in leadership roles such as secretary and as president-elect. He has spent more than 34 years in the water treatment industry. He received his undergraduate education in marketing from the University of Wisconsin– Milwaukee. He has been the president of Lakeland Chemical Specialties, Inc. since it was started in 1991. Olson is a proud Certified Water Technologist (CWT) and his specific areas of expertise include cooling, product selection/design, boiler and wastewater.
“It is a great honor for me to serve as president of AWT,” Olson said. “I’m confident that we can continue to grow as an organization through training, certification, regulatory and public awareness programs—all to advance the highest in professional standards, preserve natural resources and promote the growth and development of the association’s member firms.”
The other members of the 2009 Board of Directors are as follows:
• Robert D. Lee, CWT, president-elect, R2J Chemical Services, Inc.;
• Jack R. Walker, CWT, secretary, Water Tech Specialties, Inc.;
• Mark Juhl, treasurer, Jaytech, Inc.;
• Matt Copthorne, CWT, immediate past president, Chemtech, Inc.;
• R. Trace Blackmore, CWT, Blackmore Enterprises, Inc.;
• Eric Fraser, CWT, Kansas Water Technologies;
• Mark Lewis, CWT, Southeastern Laboratories, Inc.;
• Marty Stephens, CWT, Chem Technologies of MS; and
• Michael Standish, supplier representative, ALCO Chemical.
Demonstrating the caliber of those who serve on the AWT Board of Directors, 8 out of the 10 voting members of the AWT Board have attained Certified Water Technologist (CWT) status. The CWT is the highest professional credential in the industrial and commercial water treatment field.