Aqua America Acquires 63 Florida Water and Wastewater Systems
Aqua America, Inc. announced that its Florida subsidiary reached an agreement with Florida Water Services Corp., a subsidiary of ALLETE, Inc. to acquire 63 water and wastewater systems for $13.82 million. The acquisition will be accretive to earnings.
Collectively, the systems being purchased serve approximately 40,000 residents concentrated primarily in the central part of the state. The acquisition will expand Aqua America's customer base, currently concentrated in the Sarasota area, to more than 100,000 residents. In accordance with Florida procedures, regulatory approval from the Florida Public Service Commission will be sought following closing, which is scheduled for June 30, 2004. The Commission's review process may result in an adjustment of the final purchase price based on the Commission's determination of plant investment for the system.
In addition to this agreement, the companies entered a second agreement that would allow Aqua America's Florida subsidiary to acquire an additional nine water and wastewater systems for $4.18 million subject to the outcome of a previously negotiated right of first refusal with a nearby municipality.
More like this
- Aqua America Announces Acquisition of 63 Florida Water and Wastewater Systems
- Aqua America Completes Acquisition of ALLETE's Water and Wastewater Utilities in North Carolina
- Aqua America Announces New North Carolina Purchase, Closes Nine Acquisitions in Third Quarter
- Aqua America Makes Acquisitions
- Aqua America Closes Two Water System Purchases