In response to heightened public concerns about the possible spread of water borne diseases by bio terrorists, Ozolutions Inc. announced that if anthrax were introduced into a water supply, the anthrax bacteria could be effectively destroyed by ozone treatment.
Ozone is a most powerful disinfecting agent because it is able to rupture cell membranes very easily and is 52 percent more powerful than chlorine.
Ozone disinfects bacteria like anthrax and E. coli, viruses such as polio and protozoa like Cryptosporidium and Giardia. Unlike chlorine, ozone leaves no harmful and persistent residue in the environment and has a very short half-life (on the order of minutes in water) with simple oxygen as the only remaining decomposition product.
More like this
- Ontario Distributor Will Offer Purification System To Homebuilders And Homebuyers
- Ozolutions Receives Financing for Water Treatment Acquisitions
- Bioterrorism May Pose Threat to Water Supplies
- New Anthrax Test Being Verified by Independent Lab
- Pacific Ozone Technology Launches Element Ozone, Light Commercial & Consumer Ozone Products