American Water Works Announces Partnership with Student Conservation Assn.
Company officials will contribute to the association’s internship program to address water conservation issues
American Water Works Co. Inc. has announced a partnership with the Student Conservation Assn. in support of the organization's national internship program. The company will partner on a series of internships that address issues of water conservation, quality or advocacy across the company's service areas.
"We're honored to partner with the Student Conservation Assn., an organization that has been training and inspiring students in the field of environmental stewardship for more than 50 years,” Company President and CEO Jeff Sterba said. “The [association’s] mission closely matches our own commitment to sustainable water supply, treatment and protection across our service areas."
Internship positions include:
- StepUp2Green intern, California
- Tijuana River National Estuarine Reasearch Reserve intern, California
- Friends of the Forest Preserves intern, Illinois
- Indiana Dunes intern, Indiana
- Daniel Boone National Forest intern, Kentucky
- Wildcat Glades Conservation and Audubon Center intern, Missouri
- New Jersey Highlands Coalition intern, New Jersey
- The Outdoor Classroom intern, Pennsylvania
- Chickamauga & Chattanooga National Military Park intern, Tennessee
- Department of Environmental Protection intern, West Virginia.