A national poll released by the Assn. of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) found that voters strongly support federal funding for water pipelines...
Event to take place June 20 to 24 in Chicago
The American Water Works Assn. opened registration to attend the 2010 Annual Conference & Exposition (ACE10), June 20 to 24, in Chicago.
The organization advised participants to take advantage of Super-Saver rates on ACE10 registration through March 27. New registration options this year include two group registration packages: Utility Group Discount, where utilities can receive one free full-conference registration--submit five paid full registrations from the same utility and receive the sixth full registration free--and Complimentary Professor Registration, where professors can receive a free full-conference registration: Submit five paid student registrations and receive a full-conference registration for the professor.
Denis Hayes will be the highlighted speaker at the Opening General Session on June 21. As the national coordinator of the first Earth Day, Hayes has been at the core of the modern environmental movement since its launch, the organization said. He speaks about the major environmental challenges and opportunities confronting us such as global warming, expanding renewable energy, protecting our oceans and natural resources and the roles everyone can play in ensuring a sustainable future.
• 14 interactive workshops;
• A professional program with more than 100 sessions comprising more than 550 presentations, representing the work and knowledge of more than 1,000 water community experts;
• See firsthand how local facilities handle their operations, with eight tours from which to choose;
• More than 500 service providers showcasing new products and services for all aspects of the water industry; and
• Networking opportunities.